Throat chakras

Vishuddha Chakra

Although I already had a lifelong predisposition to artistic expression (I paint, write, sing, compose and play music), when my throat chakra opened it seemed to open a floodgate of artistic expression all at once.  It therefore makes perfect sense to me how much Hasta and Chitra are associated with the arts.  Hasta is the nakshatra of the artisan, while Chitra is the nakshatra of the fine arts and scientific enquiry (Leonardo Da Vinci had his Saturn in Chitra and produced his best work during his Saturn Mahadasha).  Vishakha, the third in the series (all the major chakras have 3 nakshatras each representing differen aspects of them) - has the same root विष "viSa" meaning poison/venom, as in the word vishuddha विशुद्ध meaning "pure".  I am reminded of the poison Siva held in his throat at the churning of the ocean.  It created a blue line, blue being the colour associated with Vishuddha chakra. These things just add up for me.

I found a perfectly good explanation of this online that validates my experience of it:

"Vishuddha chakra is known as the purification center, where the nectar amrita drips down from the Bindu chakra and is split into a pure form and a poison. In its most abstract form, it is associated with higher discrimination and is associated with creativity and self-expression." 



[to be continued]